Sunday, April 3, 2011

Repotting Tomato Seedlings

About a month after I started my tomato seeds the seedlings have outgrown their shared yogurt containers and need to be transplanted to their own separate homes for the rest of their indoor growing life. I had to very carefully separate each little tomato seedling, untangle their tiny roots, and re-pot them to grow big and strong.







I did this about 20 more times until all of my seedlings had enough legroom to continue their journey to be adult plants.

 I admire the resilience of these little tomato plants. A cotyledon trying to shove the seed coat off.
 In about a month these little babies might be ready to grow outside as long as we don't have any more freak Brooklyn hail/snow storms. Fingers crossed!

Thanks boo for photo help!

No comments:

Post a Comment