Friday, December 16, 2011

Graduation!

I did it! I officially graduated from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden with a Certificate in Horticulture!


I took night classes at the Garden for almost two years and they were AMAZING. Anything I talk about or do on this blog I learned in theses classes:

  • Botany for Horticulturists

  • Soil Management

  • Urban Garden Maintenance

  • Herbaceous Landscape Plant Identification

  • Woody Landscape Plant Identification

  • Pest Management

  • Plant Propagation

  • Urban Garden Design


  • If anyone is interested in taking classes you can check out the BBG's website: Classes & Workshops at BBG

    And then eight classes later, this could be you:


    A person shaking someones hand in a very dark photo!

    All kidding aside, taking these classes have been a very special experience for me and I highly encourage everyone to take at least one class and expand your knowledge of the natural world.

    2 comments: