Friday, October 14, 2011

Roses Are Red

Last night as Simon was so sweetly picking me up a bouquet of flowers, he was asked by two NYPD officers if he knew what each color of roses meant. He didn't and, when he got home, I explained them to him so that next time he would know! I am not sure what the origin of these rules are or if anyone really abides by them, but here is a simple break down of how it works:


Red = "I Love You"

White = Reverence, Innocence or "I Am Worthy of You"

Pink = Admiration or "Thank You"

Yellow = Friendship or "I Care"

Orange = Desire or Enthusiasm

Peach = Appreciation

Black = Death or Farewell

Lavender = Enchantment or "Love At First Sight"

Apparently a single, thornless rose also says "Love At First Sight." Now you know, so pick your colors carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment